APPLYING SUGGESTIONS AND SENDING V3
Finishing the patch series v3 and sending it to Git mailing list was my objective for last week. One of the main tasks was to use an enum variable for returning error codes in
bisect.c. This has been done including the corresponding enum and explanation in the commit it was introduced, changing return type in
bisect.c functions headers and replacing number error codes with their corresponding enum codes in the
Choosing suitable names for the enum, enum codes and explanations which get reviewers approval, has cost some cycles with my mentor. It also took many checks rounds so every commit compiled and passed the tests.
PATCH SERIES V3 ON REVIEW
A few days have past since I sent version 3 and some reviews have started to arrive. These reviews are related to a preparatory patch that won’t necessarily to be applied until a future patch is sent in upcoming patch series. After the reviews and some discussion with my mentor, this concrete patch will be removed from part 1 and will be placed possibly in part 3.
MOVING FORWARD PART 2
With part 1 (v3) on review, it is good to refine future patches to be ready to send them as soon as possible part 1 is integrated in
This week, one of my new patches about retiring an unused subcommand has been moved just after the commit that doesn’t need it anymore, and also another commit with a retired subcommand has been moved to the correct place.
Also some unnecessary calls to get_terms in git-bisect.sh were removed, because the corresponding C version of this function it is already called internally.
Past week I installed gdb to debug some bugs, but I could only make it work launching with superuser. This week I fought again with that and I won! I finally found a set of instructions that worked and I share it here, in case anyone has the same problems as me with codesign and doing gdb certificates on OS X Mojave.
Thank you for reading!
LIST OF SENT PATCHES TO DATE
- Patch series v2: Finish converting git bisect to C part 1
- Patch series: Finish converting git bisect to C part 1